Saturday, December 5, 2009

Birthday Cards

Since I had to work on Thanksgiving and that weekend, my family decided to have our Thanksgiving Dinner this weekend, since I am off.  We also decided to combine it with my youngest son's and fourth grand daughter's birthdays. He'll be 12 and she'll be 5.  I made some cards for them.  The first is for my grandaughter.  The image is Hampton Arts "Birthday Princess".  I cut a circle and glued the top half of it on the back on the card front to act as an easel to hold the card upright.  Okay...truth is, I made it upside down and had to figure out a way to fix it without having to throw the card away or do a bunch of cutting, etc.  It worked out very nicely though :)



My youngest son's card is somewhat plain on the front (Sizzix DressUp Doll body, hair and the Fisherman clothes).  The face is from Peachy Keen Stamps. On the inside, there is a pop-up with a little fish bowl and rod & reel. The goldfish is hanging from a little piece of string and just bobs around when the card is open.  It is a free standing card and can be left open.




No comments:

Post a Comment