Sunday, October 11, 2009

Christmas Traditions Wassail

With the upcoming holidays quickly approaching, I find myself remembering the warmth and love of my family's gatherings. We would all gather at our parent's house, each bringing a special dish or treat.  We would open gifts while the turkey cooked, "ooh" and "aah" over the candy, cookies, pies...  Today, when we gather, we remember those days.  Both parents and a sister have passed on and so the "gathering place" has been at one of my brothers house.  We still share the love of family with new additions that never got to meet their great grandparents or great aunt.  We have started new traditions and carried on with old...but the spirit of giving and loving is never-changing.  I've been making recipe cards to hopefully bind into books for each of my siblings. Each recipe is one of the special dishes that have been brought to the holiday table for many, many years and passed on to the next generation.  This recipe for Wassail is one I've been making for over 20 years, and is still in demand at the gatherings. Hope you enjoy it as nuch as my family does :)

Wanda

(Watch for more recipes to come.)

No comments:

Post a Comment