Monday, July 12, 2010

Inspire Swap Chat Sketch Challenge #5

This is my card for InspireSwapChat's new sketch challenge. I used an image I bought from a member of ISC in the "Garage Sale" section and stamped it with Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo Distress Ink. . Added strips of scrap vintage lace. Cut a piece of transparency and edged and stamped it with Stazon Timber Browm using a flourish stamp by Inkadinkado. The pp and pink cs are from my scrap stash. The ivory cs is from Paper Trey Ink. I used Color Box pigment ink pads (Cocoa and Pink) and the Stazon Timber Brown to ink the edges; Su Wild Wasabi and Cameo Coral for the flowers and leaves (SU Carte Postale) and SU Chcolate Chip to stamp the sentiment (also from SU Carte Postale). The flowers are the next to the biggest die cut from Bosskut Design-A-Flower Scalloped Flowers. They are made out of white coffee filters, held together with a mini brad, scrunched up and dabbed with pigment inks and Stazon. I think they look like little carnations :) I've seen similar flowers made with tissue paper, but, alas, I had none (which is why the coffee filters). I've made larger ones using SU's round scallop punch. I really like how they turn out! I've been using coffee filters quite a bit ever since I joined a swap on ISC for "Frosted Filters". There are some cards in some earlier posts that I've made, and the scrap pieces make great roses and flowers! They are very easy to work with, dry quickly and are sturdier than tissue paper! Coffee filters...not just for coffee anymore ;)


ANYway, thanks for stopping by and have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment