Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Art Flag Banner

I'm in a swap that is for "Art Flags". After I made the required 6, I made more. They are so much fun to make!  The piece of cs or chipboard is 5" across the top and the sides are 6". The "carnations" are scallops punched from coffee filters using SU's scalloped circle punch. The little white flowers are tiny pieces of the coffee filter simply wadded up and glued onto the flag.  The pp is also SU - Raspberry Tart - and sadly it is retired :(  I used Color Box Pink and Moss Green pigment ink pads and SU Cameo Pink classic ink pad for inking and the sentiment. I cut a scalloped oval from Nestabilities from Paper Trey Ink Ivory cardstock. Colored in the little leaves and flowers with Faber-Castell markers. The leaves - also using Raspberry Tart pp - are punched with MS (Martha Stewart) punch.  I had some lace trim that I adhered across the top of the flag and using my Crop-a-Dile, pinched holes in the corners at the top and tied some sheer white organza ribbon leaving a 7 and 1/2" tail on each side. These will be used to tie all the flags together that I get back from the swap  to make a banner.



3 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful Wanda! Love the pretty paper and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda these are so pretty! I love your flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda,
    I have an award for you on my blog. Glad you got a spot in Cheryl's Halloween swap! I know you have done that one before. I am thrilled to have gotten into it!
    Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete